The main resource for PHA is sugars from plants like corn and sugarcane. Bacteria convert these resources to PHA to use as a fat reserve. After cutting open the bacteria, the PHA can be harvested and eventually be used to make filaments. No chemical synthesis is involved!
Articles in this section
- Sustainable material: PHA - 100% biobased and 100% biodegradable
- What is the size of the spools?
- Preventing filament from tangling
- What’s the difference between LW-PLA and LW-PLA-HT?
- Can I print RC planes with LW-PLA-HT?
- How much hight temperature can LW-PLA-HT handle?
- Do I need to dry AllPHA before printing?
- What other print settings are key to printing allPHA?